Wednesday, September 2, 2015

The Indiana´s hat

46. The Indiana's Hat



Nico:




You are scared, you are terrified, and that is OK... Are you afraid to be like your dad?, is that your fear? Because you have the same blood? The same genes? Wake up one day full of curlers and talk like your dad? Be a bad person? That is not going to happen to you, that is not how things work, let's see if you understand something: the genes the only conditioned you to have the same eye color, hair, moles, smile, but when you smile you are the one that choose it. My mom always told me that I will drive my dad crazy about his hat, the one that I use of Indi, she says that I take the hat out of him when I was a kid, and he put it on and I take it out, and that I had one similar to his. When Carla abandoned Cristobal, I was so scared that he won't treat me as his father, only because he don't have my blood, because he don't have my genes, do you know what happen one day? He, with only 2 years and a half, almost 3, he put the hat on and take it away from me, he put the hat on and take it away from me, that day I realized that the heritage is not only genetic, just look Feli and Justina: genetically they are the same, Tina and Feli are genetically the same, raised in the same family, the same education, the same schools, but they are like' white and black. 

They say, that everything is in the genes, since the amount of gray that you can have, to the talent you can have to play the piano or to make a sport, whatever you choose. And that is heritage, but your identity is not given by the genes. I know that blood is thicker, but your story is what define your identity, just see, look at your aunt, is Barto's sister, she have the same blood, she was like him a long ago, but today she choose to be another person, she choose another story, the story is different. You are the one that is going to choose your identity, being the good guy or the bad guy is a decision you have to make, you are going to write your story by yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Entradas populares