Wednesday, August 19, 2015

The monster down the bed

34. The monster under the bed:


Cristobal:


It's bad to be afraid? Sometimes I'm afraid, but I don't know about what, or why. And those times that the fear grabs me, I hold my dad's hand, or he give it to me, and it's pass, most of the time. But there's others time, that not even with that the fear goes away. My dad always tells me: "The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear"*

But sometimes the fears is so big that I paralyzed, close my chest and I can not breathe. But the worst is when I don't know what I am afraid of.
But the fear is bigger and bigger, and I know there are a million of things that scares: the expeditions we used to made with my dad to the roman catacombs, or when I ask Liz if she wanted to be my girlfriend, for example. 
And you teach me, that the important is not to let the fear to stop you. But there's other fears that you don't even know where they came from or what are you afraid of. And when you are scared and you don't know about what, it is worst, because you don't know what to do. 

"It is like the monster down the bed, did you remember? That is what happens to me now, dad, I'm afraid, like when I was a kid and I believed there was a monster down my bed. That is"

*Nelson Mandela Quote

No comments:

Post a Comment

Entradas populares